ABOUT SUSAN MOCARSKI
Susan Mocarski has been teaching strings and piano since 1982. She has a bachelor's degree in music education from the University of Illinois, a fellowship from Northwestern University and a master's degree from Boston University.
Susan strives to create a warm, supportive environment for learning where her students can learn in the way that suits them best.
Susan is the author of Three Weeks in Vienna, A Singer's Account of the Premier of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, and Crowd Control, Classroom Management for Band, Orchestra, and Chorus Teachers. She and her husband, Tim, are also singer-songwriters and perform as Wattle & Daub. Their third album, "Trees in the Breeze," was released in January, 2023.
Traditional and Virtual Music Lessons
Individualized for Each Student
Philosophy, Lesson Policies, and Pricing
Philosophy and Mission
* To nurture the artistic spirit in each student.
* To foster a lifelong love of music and learning.
* To help each student achieve their highest musical potential.
* To inspire joy while learning.
* To encourage creative critical thinking skills.
Your Tuition Includes
* An individualized plan for each student’s course of study.
* A lesson time reserved each week for each student.
* Development and copying of teaching materials.
* Teacher’s training and experience.
* At-home practice and video support when requested.
Benefits of Music Education
* Improves mental processing skills
* Development of discipline and patience in learning
* Boosts self esteem
* Encourages creativity
* Improves reading comprehension
* Improves counting and math skills
* Improves language learning skills
* Music is fun!
Lesson Scheduling and Tuition
In-Person lessons available in my studio again! I follow local school policies on Covid policies.
Online lessons are also available via FaceTime or Zoom.
SUMMER 2023 PRIVATE LESSON OPTIONS
June 5 - July 19
(no lessons week of July 4)
A. Six 30-minute lessons
$180/semester or $90 per month due the 1st of each month, June and July
B. Six 45-minute lessons
$270/semester or $135 per month due the 1st of each month, June and July
General Lesson Policies:
* Tuition may be paid by cash, check, Zelle, Paypal (email@example.com),
or Venmo (@Susan-Mocarski)
* Your time is reserved for you each week and payment must be made regardless of attendance. This includes illness, holidays, vacations, school events, etc. If you must miss a lesson for any reason, one lesson per semester may be made up during make-up week (Week of May 8).
*Payment is expected for all students enrolled at the beginning of each month, whether they attend lessons or not. Payment is expected for all students enrolled at the beginning of each session, whether they attend lessons or not.
* If I miss a lesson for any reason, that lesson will be rescheduled or credited.
Contact Susan if you would like to start in the middle of a semester - tuition will be prorated.
PLEASE CLICK TO REGISTER HERE:
Consistent practice is the key to success. Rare is the child who will practice without being reminded. In order to make the most of the investment in music, parents need to be willing to encourage their children to practice daily.
Music education is one of the best gifts you can give your child. Research shows the lifelong benefits are many. I'm passionate about what I do and a strong believer that, as Dr. Shinichi Suzuki said,
“Teaching music is not my main purpose. I want to make good citizens. If children hear fine music from the day of their birth and learn to play it, they develop sensitivity, discipline and endurance.
They get a beautiful heart.”
CONTACT SUSAN MOCARSKI
Please fill out the form below.
Your information will be not be shared or sold.